Daily Harvest Revisited

6:46:00 PM cc 0 Comments

 

 So its been some years since I've tried Daily Harvest but I have seen them promoting their subscriptions at the beginning of the year since then and sometimes it was tempting to try them again. Since the last time I tried them they have expanded their selections and I figured it be good to have a convenient healthy meal to bring to work. So yes, I did take up on one of their promotions and re-subscribed to them. I did this during the winter so I didn't any smoothies. I mostly got their harvest bowls and some other stuff. I didn't take a photo of them, but if I get another box I will remember to photograph them.


 First off I do want to say their website had worked the first time I used it to customize my box, but after that it doesn't work right anymore. It was impossible to even get to the page to choose the food I want. It works better on my phone at least so I can do it there. Since the choices don't really change you can skip ahead really far in advance. 

 

 Other than harvest bowls I got their matcha and chocolate latte. They charge $6 for two little pods of one flavor. You melt these pods in the milk of your choice. I do like them but they are light in flavor for the price. Also i had to wait a couple minutes for these to soften a little from the freezer as they're stuck to the packaging. They're not bad but not impressive.

  I've also got their matcha bites which are little dough-like balls that you eat after they soften from the freezer. These are actually pretty good! Its got flavor and its soft with some texture from the seeds or whatever it was it inside it. They charge $8 for a cup of 7 bites. I do recommend their bites!!! I've only had the matcha one so not sure if the other flavors are as good.

 And then the bowls. I've got mostly savory ones but also some oatmeal ones. The oatmeal ones aren't bad, but the taste is standard. The harvest bowls are what I got their box for and they were all disappointing. They were not  appetizing or appealing when cooked and eaten. I cooked them on a pan and cooked them with a microwave and it didn't make a difference. They were bad enough for me to not eat them, but I had to mix them with other stuff so it wouldn't be so disappointing to eat. 

 I don't understand why premade food from these food subscriptions taste so off when the cheaper frozen food ones from the supermarket taste so much better? I personally would not recommend the harvest bowls. I probably will just stick with their sweet selection than their savory ones.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: