Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy VII Remake Cloud Strife

4:41:00 PM cc 0 Comments







 The first FF7 Remake figure is of course Cloud who has finally been released and arrived safe and sound. He's is my first Cloud figure so I won't be comparing other Cloud figures to this one. I'm overall satisfied with the figure. He isn't as impressive as AC Sephiroth, but I've expected that. Cloud's design hasn't been consistent so I'm not attached to anyone of his designs. This Cloud is definitely the least feminine looking I've seen so far. He looks better in person than in photos too.











 Lets talk about his head. His head is a bit bigger than AC Sephiroth's. His face has sharper features and doesn't have that soft looking face that AC Cloud has. His face is also a tad skinnier than the Remake Cloud model on FF Mobius. Personally would like to have him a bit more softer and less skinny looking. Otherwise he almost looks exactly like the Remake trailer. As for his hair, its quite detailed. Definitely a lot more spikes going on in this design. Perhaps there's a bit too much detail. I would like some locks to be more flatter than having all these raised strands. Its sort of tempting to sand them down a bit, but I don't have any means of repainting so I can't do that. It does look more impressive from afar though.




 As for his body, I find his torso a tad too long and thin for my liking especially around his waist belt area. Its not really flattering. I feel that if his arms were a little thinner it whelp balance it out. His arms also seem not the most balanced. It looks like his forearm is shorter than his upper arm. Almost tempting to want to sand down his bicep a little bit, but again I don't have paints. These are just nitpicks though. The clothing and everything else looks pretty dang good. He even got a cute sculpted butt. Sephiroth definitely didn't get that. Cloud stand 10.5 inches tall, but its quite near the 11 inch because of his hair. AC Sephiroth is still taller than him. His shoulders are about 2.5 inches in width, his waist is almost 1.5 inches in width. His arms are nearly 4 inches long and his legs are 5 inches long from his crotch to the bottom of his shoes.


 On his back, you can pull off this center piece to attach the Buster Sword. This little piece is a bit difficult to get off at first since its so flushed in there. It was inevitable that I got a slight dent on it. This piece isn't the piece you use to stick the sword in place. There's another smaller piece that does that. Only one end will fit through the opening in the sword, but it will be tight. It was hard to take it out again. Using a pencil shaped rubber eraser was the most gentle way of taking it out for me. The Buster Sword is neat looking. It has some wear details on the tip and the edges. The blade is 8 inches long, the handle is 1.5 inches so overall the sword is about 9.5 inches in length. Its width is about 1.5 inches.



 He also comes with extra 3 pairs of hands and a stand. I think this figure is pretty good for the price. Whether they will make more Cloud after this Remake game its hard to say. So if you're a fan and is excited for the Remake, I think its worth getting this figure!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: