Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Sephiroth

9:20:00 PM cc 1 Comments



 I've been wanting this but didn't really plan on actually buying him. I did ended up getting him in the end since it is Final Fantasy VII 20th anniversary. Being one of my favorite games I feel I should have some merchandise since I really don't have many. This is the Advent Children movie version of Sephiroth so I am curious to see if a Remake version will be announced this year or not. I would be interested to see how it compares to this.



 This is my first Play Arts figure so I want to compare it to other posable figures that I have like figma and azone dolls. So the box for Sephiroth is big. Its 10.5" wide, 12" in height, and 5.5" in depth. The box has a flap that has a magnetic closure. That magnetic was glued on but mine very easily fell off when I was trying to get the figure out. The plastic tray that held the figure is thin and flexible which made it very hard for me to take it out. I ended up ripping a half inch tear in the box before I had to open both sides of the box to take it out. The tray held the figure with the wing and sword  behind him. The 4 hands sat in it own spot on the upper left part of the tray. The wings and sword are held down by zip ties, but the hands aren't so they will fall out when you go to turn the tray over to undo the zip ties. So be sure to take the hands out before turning the tray around. There is also a cardboard slip that holds the pieces of the stand and some instructions. If I had the space, I would like to keep Sephiroth in the box.


 Sephiroth himself is nearly 11" tall so it is my biggest and heaviest figure I have so far. He's has a ridiculous 8-9 heads tall proportion so his head does seem small for someone that is 6'1". The figure has a mild sweet plastic-y smell which is kind of interesting. As for his lovely face, Square has been pretty consistent with his design and for a good reason which is that he doesn't need changes like Cloud. So his face definitely matches how it looks in recent games.



 His hair is beautifully done and designed. There's transparency in the hair that is more noticeable at the ends. The locks themselves branch out like a tree. The hair is very flexible and I really don't fear them breaking or tearing at all.



 His coat is also flexible but not as much as his hair. The coat does have two layers, and the under layer is wrapped around his waist. There is one thin belt that closes the coat. Please don't be like me and try to undo it because its not a button that you can close again. Undoing the belt was pretty easy, but so far I wasn't able to put the peg back in which is fine. I do have plastic glue and super glue, but I am keeping it open anyways. I opened it because I wanted to see the detail of the soldier suspender and belt. The joints have different levels that clicks. So its quite clicky when you move the joints around. This makes this figure the stiffest compare to figma and azone that I have though I guess it makes poses more stable and less likely to change from gravity or accidentally bumping them. I like that he even has the ability to bend his toes too.


 The sword is longer than Sephiroth, its 13.5" long. Its quite thin and light that I am trying to be gentle with it cause if it breaks that would be terrible. There is a left hand that you can hold the sword. The fingers aren't flexible so its not easy to get the sword through them.



 The wing is pretty neat looking if you don't focus on the ball joints. The joints also are clicky. The outer third of the wing has a lot more poseable freedom than the smaller two parts of the wing. The detail of the feathers is nice and kind of mesmerizing. To attach the wing, there is a part of his back that you can popped off. The wings definitely makes him more impressive looking though I sadly don't have to space for it.


 Overall, this Sephiroth figure is gorgeous. If you are fan I'd definitely think this figure is worth buying if figures are an interest to you. He is about $150 which isn't the most affordable price range. If you have any questions about this figure you can leave a comment below and I will try to answer as soon as possible.

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. MURAHQQ merupakan salah satu situs permainan kartu Online terbaik, aman dan terpercaya dengan persentase kemenangan yang tinggi saat ini di Indonesia. Situs ini juga menyediakan berbagai macam permainan kartu Online uang asli yang populer dengan sistem dan server stabil yang mudah di akses kapanpun dan dimanapun.

    ReplyDelete