Like-It Modular Drawers

12:53:00 AM cc 0 Comments


 I've been looking for a storage system, and saw these plastic drawers. They are called Like-It and are from a Japanese company named Yoshikawakuni. You can find a few of their home products in The Container Store. I've waited till around the holiday season for coupons or sales because these drawers a little on the pricey side for me. Since I don't live anywhere near a Container Store I did had to have it shipped to me. The Container Store shipping on these drawers are $9-$10 and you need an order of $75 or more to get free shipping. Getting $75 worth of these drawers seemed a bit silly since the box will have to be huge. The biggest drawer has an additional $2 charge too. So I've only got two drawers to start off with.

 These drawers have 3 different width sizes, 2 different height sizes, but the length size are all the same. I got two tall narrow drawers to put beside my desk. I was hoping they would fit my PS4 games, but they are a tad too narrow to put them facing forward so they are just facing sideways in the drawers instead. The length is nearly 18" which is a decent size. The narrow drawers are 6 3/4" wide, but the drawer itself is about 5.5" wide. The medium width drawers are 10" and the wide drawers are 13 3/8" in width. The wide ones aren't that terribly wide. The tall drawers are 11" and the short ones are 8 3/8" in height. The tall drawer itself is 9" in height of storage space. I like all these variety of sizes since you have options that will best suit what you need, and get your stuff real neat and organized. Sadly the tall drawers don't fit my sketchbooks or art drawing pads on it sides. They are not good for binders either which is a shame. Stacking them on top of each other like in the picture above is inconvenient, so it is disappointing that these aren't tall enough to make them like a filing cabinet. There is an crate bin alternative to the drawers that might fit them, but I'm afraid the heavy art pads may knock the bins down. If I ever do try out the bins that will be reviewed in another post.

 What's great about these is that you can stack them. The tops of the drawers are indented in to hold the bottoms of the drawers. There's also the option to pull the tops of the drawers off and you can click them together to make it more sturdy. I have try to pull the tops off, but it is hard. I was afraid of breaking or bending the plastic so I just normally stack them. Not to say that the plastic is weak. Its a lot sturdier than the Sterilite plastic drawers I have. Bugs have been getting in the Sterilite drawers so I don't put much in them. The Like-It drawers is an actual box like container that don't have as big of gaps as the Sterilite. I will have to wait till summer time to see if any bugs get inside. If not than it be great to store out of season clothes in. I have my out of season clothes in those storage bags, and they're not the easiest way of storing them. Heck, I wouldn't mind using them to store my everyday clothes.

 Overall, I do like these drawers and do plan on probably getting every size when there's a sale or coupon I can use on them. They're easy to move, and stack them however you like. I'm not a fan of furniture that's heavy so this storage system doesn't look too cheap or hideous that I would feel ashamed if people saw them. I do highly recommend these drawers, and they can fit in any type of room and space size.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: