Uniqlo HEATTECH

1:36:00 AM cc 0 Comments


 So I live in New England and our winters are longer than our summers. Not to mention the occasional blizzards. It pleases me to see that Uniqlo has been opening up a number of stores in the US and even an online store. I got quite interested in their heattech collection. They are basic clothing pieces but designed to be really warm. There are three types based on how warm they are: regular heattech, extra warm, and ultra warm.

 I bought a pair of socks first just to try out. They were quite thick socks but they are light in weight. They also feel quite foam cushion-y quite feels comfortable. They did make my shoes feel tighter, but I got use to it relatively quickly. As for warmth, they did keep my feet from freezing. Since I don't have proper winter shoes, it quite helped my feet.

 After liking the socks, I decided to try out the shirts. They come in many different styles from tank tops to turtle necks. I got one t-shirt and a long sleeve. The t-shirt is in the regular heattech warm, and the long sleeve is extra warm heattech. Both pieces are quite thin. They remind me of athletic wear from their feel and look. The t-shirt is thinner than the long sleeve. Its like a summer t-shirt thin, but I can tell it is warmer. Unfortunately I don't find it to be warm enough. I think they are good for mild winters, and fall/spring season.

 The long sleeve extra warm on the other hand, does feel warm. There's lining in these ones. I have warn it under hoodies and it doesn't feel too stuffy having two long sleeves on. Wearing under sweaters isn't too uncomfortable. You may have to stretch out your sleeves a bit if they aren't loose fit. The long sleeve did have a funny smell out of the bag, but it did go away not to long after. I do plan on getting more of these extra warm pieces. These are good for colder temperatures like around the 40-50 degrees F.

 There is also ultra warm which came out later and I got one of those. They are thicker and inside has a sort of ribbed texture, but they are as soft as the other heattech pieces. These are really warm, and would be perfect for me to handle the winter season and snow. It does feel stuffy under more fitted sweaters. These are much warmer than the extra warm, and have been keeping me warm one cold windy days like today where its 18 degrees F with the windchill at like -10. So I highly recommend these if your winters are below 40 degrees F.

 Other than being warm and soft, caring for them is rather easy. I wash them in regular cold water cycle in my washing machine, and I hang them dry. They are quick drying so it doesn't take long for them to dry at all. What I like about them the most is they are wrinkle free! Overall, I really like them, and would highly recommend them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: