Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc Demo

9:28:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 Recently, Final Fantasy XV released a 3rd demo that covers about half of the first chapter of the game. This demo is Japanese only so it can only be downloaded through the Japanese PSN store. You will need to sign up for a Japanese account to get it. The demo is free and there are no English in this demo at all.

 The demo is about an hour long. I've chosen to do the battle tutorial first before starting the demo which I am thankful I did. The tutorial is a tad long for my liking. It covers ways to guard, use warp, weapons, magic, allies abilities, and items. You can't chose the other battle modes so this demo only uses the active battle. The battle system does take a bit to get use to., but so far its not too bad. I'm running the game on the PS4 slim and it runs fine. The visuals are pretty good for me as well.

 The area is different from the first demo in that desert area where you meet Cidney and Cid at the gas station. The seaside resort is also part of the demo which I don't believe was in the first demo. The game isn't perfect and that is fine. Some of the facial movements and such are weird and at times are a bit creepy. Though it is a minor thing. The driving is not too bad either. Its not as free as a GTA game, as in some parts I can't drive manually. Also I did try to drive during the night, but the monsters at that time is way too strong. It wouldn't give me a game over, so I have to quit to the title screen to get out of that ridiculous battle. Moving Noctis isn't too bad either. I do feel like an asshole whenever I bump into people, but at times it is funny. There would be couples at the beach and you can bump them around. Sometimes one of the guys would tell you look at some poster. These kind of details are nice, but while I could ignore them I can't help but see what they wanted even though I just wanted to get to the quest. Sadly, there's not fishing or Chocobo riding available in the demo, but its possible I may not have found those spots. There is a point where you encounter a big creature. I thought I could be sneaky and just jump off the cliff onto the road to avoid waking it up once I got what I wanted and it woke up anyways.

 Overall, I enjoyed the demo, and did get a good feel of the game from it. If I recall correctly the game is said to estimate about 200 hours of gameplay. I'm not exactly sure how I could enjoy a game that long, but I look forward to being able to finally play it later this month when it comes out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: