Voltron: Legendary Defender (2016)

1:49:00 AM cc 0 Comments


 So this show has gotten quite popular lately. Netflix and Dreamworks made an adaptation of Voltron. There are several adaptations, but I have never seen any of them. This is a Western "anime" which is not something I'd watch normally. But since its being talked about everywhere, I figured to try it out to see what the hype is.

 This show does bring back the cartoons I used to watch as a kid. I do remember fighting robots shows were a thing then. I have no idea what kind of shows are on tv for kids nowadays. It was a bit hard for me to get use to watching a western cartoon though. The writing and comedy is definitely meant for teens and younger. It really didn't appeal to an adult like myself which I'm aware sounds weird since I watch anime.

 So this show is about a evil race of purple aliens that want to take over the universe. Some humans were captures by them. One of them, Shiro, escapes to Earth where 4 teens help Shiro from the humans that don't listen to him and the aliens chasing him. They find a giant robotic lion hiding on Earth which takes them to its castle headquarters in a far off world. There they learn about Voltron, a weapon that can stop the evil aliens. Voltron consists of 5 lions, one for each of the humans.

 The show is cute. The art and music is decent. The pacing is a bit fast and some things are too obvious and predictable. I think some obstacles they face are solved too easily, though its not a big deal. Overall, I think the show is worth watching. While don't think its amazing as some fans find it, I do think it has potential since it seems a second season is confirmed. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: