Ikea Hyllis Shelving Unit

1:45:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 The Hyllis shelf is at a very affordable price of $14.99 which is hard for me to resist buying it. It may not be pretty or impressive looking, and it maybe why I never saw it displayed at the store. But its simple design is fine with me. You can spray paint it but I haven't done that to mine. Other than the price, another reason why I like this is that its light weight. I can easily move it and handle it. I don't like having heavy furniture that I need help with. This shelf is also not too tall. Since I'm short as heck, this shelf is only slightly taller than me. This makes putting and reaching things on the top shelf super easy.

 While the instructions are super simple, I did have a bit of a tough time putting it together. The shelves have flaps for its sides. They were bent outward so I had to hammer them in more to get the holes aligned better with the holes on the legs. When I first tried to put it together without hammering, it was very crooked and the screws couldn't screw all the way. Even with hammering, the screws did have some difficulty going all the way so I had to hammer the screws in to help it go through. It took me like an hour to set this up and I had help. I wish they made these more perfectly so assembling wouldn't be so troublesome. I didn't have a drill so maybe having one would've saved me time.

 This shelving unit may not be the sturdiest thing (its really isn't), I don't have anything that would tip this over like children or pets. Its definitely not something you want to lean against or hold on to if you trip else it would fall over even if it had heavy things on it. I would HIGHLY advise fastening it to a wall if you need it to be sturdy and not fall.

 Overall, I think the quality does kind of matches it price, but its not an big issue for me. This serves the purpose I bought it for and that is enough to make me consider buying another one if I had the room for it. Even if the assembly is a pain and its not sturdy, the pros I listed in the first paragraph is good enough for me. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: