The Jungle Book (2016)

2:44:00 AM cc 0 Comments


 I was a bit skeptical about this movie since I wasn't sure how well this story will look like as a life action movie. Talking animals look fine as cartoons, though as real life animals its kind of only takes a comedic look. But I hear the this movie was closer to the book than the animated film. I'm a big fan of the animated film, but I never did read the book. I was curious how the movie will be like so I decided to watch it.

So the talking realistic animals didn't look as weird as I initially thought. There some comedy which is great. I really enjoy Baloo in this movie. They did a really well to make the animals as natural and realistic as possible. While some of the songs are in this movie, but personally the performance of them is a bit awkward. They were better in the credits though. Some of the voice choices didn't fit well for me though The story is darker than the animated film was. The story is quite similar to the animated movie, there are some things done differently which I definitely didn't mind.

As for the young boy, Mowgli, they really made him quite smart. He build things which made him stand out against the animals more than he already does. The little actor did a great job though. He had to do a lot running and other physical stuff though I suppose he could've had a double? I'm not sure, but they sure did more to this character than the original animate film.

While this film isn't as "fun" as the original animated film, it is beautiful and not a bad movie. Great action, the animals are great, and the story is just as enjoyable as I enjoyed the animated film. Overall, I do recommend watching this movie!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: