The Intern

10:57:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 Since my HBONow trial was coming to an end soon, I wanted to watch something other than Game of Thrones on it. I did talk about HBONow in my last post on Game of Thrones, and now I think I may be a bit harsh on it. The service is ok only because its costs more than Netflix and doesn't has as much available to watch as Netflix. I'm not a fan of streaming services since the ones I want to watch aren't usually available, and the ones available I ain't that interested. Anyways, HBO had a big banner for The Intern so I thought I'd watch it since I needed to kill time before Game of Thrones starts.

I remember hearing about this movie on shows, and commercials for it. I really wasn't interested, but something about it was appealing. Never saw it until now. This movie is really cute. So much cuter than I expected a movie about a senior intern to be. Robert De Niro in this is adorable. The characters in this movie are pretty likeable. They may not be the most realistic characters cause they seem too nice, but it didn't bother me at all since it felt natural and fun.

 Not sure how much of a story there is to this. This movie reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada movie mostly because of Anne Hathaway, and the setting of a new worker trying to do the best they can at their job. So the company is a successful online clothing store that Hathaway's character founded and runs. De Niro's character needed something to do in his retirement, and saw this clothing company has a senior intern program. He gets hired and assigned to work under Hathaway's characters who isn't too thrilled about it, but goes along with it.

 This movie is quite enjoyable. Would definitely recommend this movie. Its quite a feel good movie, and it even has some emotional scenes. Would admit I did shed a few tears. Also, I didn't expect this to have a feminist message, and it wasn't subtle. But it is a good message that I feel a lot of women make this mistake on. Despite the title, this movie is really about Hathaway's character than De Niro's.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: