Vega One Sampler

12:56:00 PM cc 0 Comments



I probably should have gotten this before than getting a full size, but I've got it now. This 4 piece sampler is $10 which is a lot to me, but there isn't a free sample so I've got no choice. It comes with a meal bar, and 3 shake powders in mixed berry, chocolate, and french vanilla.

The meal bar is chocolate peanut butter flavored. Its size is like a thicker candy bar like a snickers. It has a layer of smooth chocolate, and crunchy peanuts. Its covered in chocolate as well so its more chocolate than peanuts. Its mild tasting as well, but its good. The sweetness is mild and the chocolate taste is mild as well. I'm not a fan of bars since most of them are like candy bars, but this one does have greens and fruits in it as well. Its hard to believe it has that since all I taste was a chocolate candy bar. The wrapper says its has 13g of protein (2.2 eggs), 3g of fiber (1.8 slice of wheat bread), 1 servings of greens, as many probiotics as 1 cup of yogurt, 1g of omega-3 ( 2 servings of salmon), 1.4 cups of antioxidants, and 25 vitamins and minerals. This bar isn't filling, but after a minute I didn't feel hungry. I do kind of feel like I could eat more, but I've heard its better to have several mini meals than 3 normal meals. Having chocolate as a meal isn't what I'd like so I wouldn't purchase this bar, but if you like chocolate I'd recommend giving it a try.

Since I've already have had the full size chocolate powder, I am use to the taste. The mixed berry and vanilla weren't that much different from the chocolate in terms of overall taste since they are mostly the same ingredients. The mixed berry is quite fragrant though. It really boils down to personal preference so getting this sampler should really help pick which one you can learn to tolerate. The first time I had a drink with just water it was not pleasing at all but I expected it. I did get use to it within a week.

To mix things up I will try these in smoothies and with almond milk. I have to say, I prefer using just water than with almond milk. Just to clarify, the almond milk is unsweetened. For my smoothies, I kept it simple with just 1/3 cup almond milk, one banana, ice, and a tablespoon of Vega powder. For all 3 flavors tasted great in smoothies, but then again a tablespoon isn't much. I did add frozen berries to the mixed berries which made it better than just banana and almond milk.

Overall, these are decent! The powders don't expire till 9/2017 which is plenty of time. I definitely recommend these powders! One thing to note though, these drinks are better to be consumed within the day you make a them. The probiotics are very much alive and would change your drink over time. Believe me, it will end up smelling like poop if its kept for days so don't make big batches.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: