Innisfree Volcanic Pore Scrub Foam & Toner

1:07:00 PM cc 0 Comments


I've been wanting to try this Korean brand for awhile and heard they have a natural ingredient quality to their products. So I decided to finally try a couple things from them.

They do have a international online shop in English and in USD, but I decided to get them off Amazon since some have similar prices and sometimes even cheaper.

Since having a line for pores is a new thing for me I wanted to try their volcanic line. I got their scrub and toner since those were ones I needed to restock. I wish I read the ingredients first since I just noticed there's alcohol in the toner, and PEGs and Fragrance in both products. I wouldn't have bought these if I've known that, but since they already arrived I would just use them instead of returning them.

Both of these products feels very stripping on my skin. My skin feels like a rubber glove since it takes away the majority of the oils from my face. I think I'm mildly to moderately oily on my skin, but still I was expecting something more gentle. Definitely not the kind of products you may want to use too often. I did that once after a long day, and wanted to take everything off with a double cleanse. Ended up irritating my skin a bit!

Lets start with the toner. The toner is mostly clear and there is cloudy particles (volcanic ash probably) that sits at the bottom. You will have to shake the bottle to make the toner more milky before applying. It has a moderate alcohol smell and it does have a bit of a perfume from the fragrance ingredient. This toner's job is to absorb sebum which isn't hard since it has alcohol. Its surprisingly not that drying after using it for awhile. If the weather is cold and dry it can be drying though so adjust your regime to suit your skin. I personally use face oils. It hasn't irritated my skin nor does the smell bother me since its light and it goes away quite fast for me. I haven't seen any significant difference to my skin.

The scrub is a cream cleanser that's gray-ish in color. Its not as rough as normal scrubs are. There are red-ish balls as well as the cleanser having its own grit in it. Its not rough on the skin even if you apply pressure. This stuff will sting your eyes so be careful. This scrub does foam as well so I find it works well with a Clarisonic. This scrub will leave your skin feeling dry and stripped and more so if you use it more than the suggested twice a week. I just lost count during the week. It does a decent job as a scrub though since it does polish the roughness and bumps on my face.

So does it do anything to my pores? Well, it doesn't make them any bigger, but then again it is winter now. It doesn't really help with my blackheads on my nose either. I really didn't like how drying both had made my skin feel so I had to add oils and even an essence to help balance my skin out. Overall, I am not impressed with these products so I don't plan on purchasing anymore of this volcanic line other than the clay mask. I may try Innisfree's other stuff.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: