Osomatsu-san

10:15:00 PM cc 0 Comments


Osomatsu-san is a revival show since it was a 60s manga and anime. The first episode parodies that and its quite an episode so I recommend watching it for the laughs and silliness. The rest of the show is quite different from the first episode. This is a comedy show with several skits in one episode. The show centers on sextuplets brothers with their names end is -matsu. They all have different personalities and voice actors, but the same faces.

The brothers are aged up to be adults in this show. The show is very much like the sunday paper comics page. Each week there's a different short comedy strip, but with this show its several. It is quite silly and not the most hilarious thing I've seen. Some parts are pretty entertaining though. It is a little hard to get into, as if trying to distinguish who is who isn't already hard enough.

The art and color schemes are bright like comic strips which is kind of neat though it can be a little harsh on my eyes when I watch it. I think this show is OK and worth giving it a try. I definitely recommend at least watching the first episode since its silly and great.

UPDATE: So I've been watching the 2nd cour of this show and its personally a lot better than the first cour so I am updating my view of the show. I am really enjoying the show. It is definitely ballsy for a anime show to use such negative aspect of life in each skit. It definitely feels realistic and oh so relatable. A few episodes are deeper than the other skits while still having that balance of silliness. Also it's gotten funnier which is always a plus and something that rarely happens when I watch shows. 

So I definitely recommend Osomatsu-san if you want to be entertained and in for something different from the usual anime. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: