Noragami Aragoto

8:38:00 PM cc 0 Comments


So I want to talk about some Fall 2015 animes so first up is Noragami Aragoto. This is the second season to Noragami so if you haven't seen it this post will be pretty spoilery so best not to read it if you don't wan that!

This show is another one of those creative takes on Japanese mythology namely the gods. It follows Yato, the god of calamity, who is poor since he's not remembered so he has to do odd jobs for 5 yen in order to spread his name to humans. The money is to build a temple for himself, but he's bad with money so that goal doesn't progress at all. Gods fight with weapons that are actually spirits of the deceased humans. In the first season Yato picks up Yukine who is quite a brat but he eventually calmed down. Another main character is a human school girl name Hiyori. She was saved by Yato and strangely gained the ability to have out of body experience so she's able to see and fight monsters and other gods.

The second season picks off were the first season left off. It immediately goes into the feud between Yato and Bishamon the god of war. I thought this week's episode would end it, but nope it seems to keep going. Its only going to be 13 episodes so I can sort of guess what the rest of the season would b like, though it could still surprise me. So far its pretty story intensive while the first season is a lot more fun and lighthearted at least in the first part. Though I don't recall much o the first season so I may made some mistakes with the details.

Overall, this is a decent series. It has violent action, comedy, a bit of romance, and suspense. I don't find it all that interesting so its not like I would think about it after I'm done watching or go buy merchandise or look at fan works of. But I do recommend it!

My Rating: 6/10
Would I recommend it? Yes
Can you eat while watching this? You can but it does have gore, violence, and creepy monsters. Not very appetizing visuals

You Might Also Like

0 comments: