Glamglow Youthmud + Supermud

8:42:00 PM cc 0 Comments


This has been talked and featured about for awhile, and glad to see that Sephora has little jars of it available to purchase instead of the full size that's about $70 which is very pricey. These masks main selling point is their "ground breaking" technology to deliver top performing skin benefits like antioxidants into your skin. I thought they're pushing it a bit, and find their choice in words a bit exaggerating. Nonetheless I did end up getting one of the jars and luckily a single use sample of Supermud.



The Youthmud is an exfoliator that will get your skin brighter, smoother, and softer after use. The mask is quite literally mud. Its just like mud you would see or step on outside on a rainy day. The color is grey-ish green like an alien. It also has hards bits like raw sugar. There's also dark bits that are probably dried up clay. I don't think its suppose to be dried up, but maybe I got an old bottle. Though I did having it sitting around for a couple months. Its so small its easy for me to forget about it.

You apply on a thin layer and leave it for 10 minutes. It will dry up just like the Mint Julep mask you find at the drugstore. At first it does sting or burn a bit just like the reviews has said. It doesn't hurt though since its mild, but it may depend on your skin. During winter my skin is dry so I do have a bit of flakey dry skin so it didn't burn didn't hurt. The burn does die down after a few minutes or so. After it dries, you remove by scrubbing in circular motions with water. I really like that part of this mask because its like a 2-in-1 mask and scrub product.

I have to say that this scrub did make my skin feel smoother than my regular scrubs did, though as for brightness I didn't see a difference since I regularly exfoliate. It did a good job of getting rid of all the flakey dead skin. No dramatic difference immediately, but the morning after I did see that my skin seem healthier. All the dead skin removed did make my skin less dull. It helped remove the majority of my dry patches so my makeup looks smooth even without primer. During the summer it kind of seemed like it dried up my skin a bit. The scrub part will obviously make my face look less dull, but other than that I do not really see a huge difference especially in my pores which is the main reason I wanted to get try this. It did help minimize it, but it didn't last long. It didn't seem like it will help my large pore problem in the long run.

The Supermud mask sample had only enough for most of my face to cover. So the sample is rather small. The mud looks and feels just like the Youthmud. Its smells bad though but it might be due to that this sample is a bit old since I've forgotten about it. You put on a thin layer and it dries up in 10 minutes. Washing it off was pretty easy as well. Though I don't really any different to my skin after it. So this sample didn't impress me at all. It also left my skin feeling dry afterwards.

Overall, I feel like this clay mask performs like any other clay mask. Perhaps I put a high expectation on this mask, but I didn't see the kind of results I wanted for the price. I didn't want to pay the high price for this mask to try it out longer either. Not to say that this is a bad mask, its just expensive in my opinion. If you can afford it then I would recommend it. Personally I find it a bit overrated though if I did get a old bottle it might be the problem. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: