Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen with Cellular Response Technology BroadSpectrum SPF50

10:36:00 AM cc 0 Comments



I have tried Supergoop's everyday sunscreen before, and it was almost gone so I wanted to repurchase though it seems to be reformulated and packaged differently. The everyday sunscreen cellular response techology is at spf50 while the old one is spf30. The size I got for the new one is bigger too. Its 2.4 fl oz for $19 while the 1.5 fl oz old one I paid $15.

The cellular response technology is just antioxidants to fight free radicals of UVA, UVA, and infrared rays from the sun. The lotion is a tad thicker, but it absorbs quicker to the skin. It also has a slight lemon scent, and there is lemon oil in the ingredients. The old formula just had a light scent of the usual sunscreen smell. The sunscreen smell is in the new lotion, but the lemon does mask it mostly.

 So far, its as good as the old formula. The old one doesn't feel greasy to me, but compare to the new one the old one does feel greasy. In other words, the new formula is actually an improvement. Sometimes when products get a new formula people complain that its worse or cheapened but this one thankfully isn't one of those incidences. Also the expiration date seems longer this time. My old one had about a year after I purchase before it expires and the new the expiration date is 2 years later.

Overall, I do recommend this sunscreen. It doesn't make me oilier than usual during the day, its lightweight enough on the skin, and it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. Its hard to tell whether the sunscreen actually protects you or not, but I don't think I've gotten too many age spots since using it.

I have check this sunscreen on EWG and was surprised to see it had a high health concern score of 8 out of 10. There are quite a few ingredients EWG says is toxic and even cancerous. For a brand that says is safe this isn't safe at all! While I do enjoy this product I will have to look for something else.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: