iPhone 6

11:09:00 PM cc 0 Comments

I recently got the iPhone 6 a few days ago and this is just my first impressions on it. I have been a long time iPod user, and never had a reason to get a smartphone since I rarely text or call. The phone was a gift so I couldn't refuse.

So compared to the ipods its definitely enormous. Its also heavier even though its not much thicker than the iPod Touch 5th Gen model. iPhones are known to have the phone jack on the top, but its at the bottom like the iPods are. So if you have those toy like phone jack plugs they may not be so neat anymore. The screen seems to be the same as the iPod too in terms of quality. Still the same clear high quality screen Apple is known for. The phone maybe big, but it surprisingly can fit in some of my pockets comfortably. Obviously not my pants pockets, but jacket pockets and cardigan pockets. The Plus will definitely not fit in these comfortably unless you have mens' pants that have deep enough pockets. 

I'm not a fan of the speaker though. Its sounds quiet and muffled compared to my iPod Touch. Even with headphones on it doesn't sound as clear as ipods which is weird to me. The camera though is nice too. It has auto focusing which you can see it happen and its definitely a bit clearer and sharper than previous iphone models. The camera also includes panoramic photo, slo mo videos, and time lapse videos. There are some filters there as well. If you take photos or videos a lot this definitely is the best out there so far in terms of smartphone camera. The bad part is that the camera protrudes out from the back of the phone. It will be wise to get a case to protect it. Now as for the battery, I am able to to use the phone throughout the day without needing to charge it. By the end of the day I do get that 20% battery warning. If I play games a lot the battery will run low faster so it definitely depends on what and how long you use the phone for. I have my screen brightness at the lowest setting, and also have auto brightness. Having the screen brightness at the lowest does save battery power.

Its definitely runs my apps a lot faster, and my games run smoother and crashes less. Definitely a plus for those gamers out there. However, if you run a game that uses a lot processing power it will heat your phone up. The phone can get really hot! I never had this happen to my iPods. My iPods just get slightly warm, but iPhone 6 can get hot which is quite concerning. I wouldn't run my game too long if this happens. It probably wouldn't be felt through a case, so be wary that your phone may be hot if you have a case. Heat can damage the hardware in computers and I don't see iPhones being an exception especially since they don't have cooling fans.

I will update this as I continue to use my phone, but so far it does have its drawbacks. If Apple plans to continue with iPod Touch I would continue to use them, but it seems they no longer want to keep developing iPods.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments: