Shitsuren Chocolatier

4:56:00 PM cc 0 Comments


When I watched the first episode I found the story to be a bit frustrating and silly. This Japanese show is based off of a manga and it follows a guy name Souta who has been in love with this girl since high school name Saeko. She's popular and always had a boyfriend but Souta still chases after her. Saeko loves chocolate and raves about a chocolate shop in Paris. Souta wanted to make her chocolate because it makes her happy thus he became a chocolatier.

It sounds pretty romantic, right? Though not sure if his love for her is pathetic or romantic, but I'm sure that's the appeal to him and the show. I did later continue watching and it surprisingly got bit deeper and complicated. I think the show and story has a realistic portrayal of people in love. The whole story is about one-sided love really. I find the characters too to be realistic and really human which isn't something I see very often especially in jdramas. The characters are not perfect and they all have flaws and trying their best to handle life. Earlier I said I found the story frustrating mostly because watching these characters suffering with their one-sided loved is kind of hard to take. Mostly because its logical to just give up and move on, but they don't they keep at it. There is quite a bit of comedy as well and some are repetitive but not overdone ... yet. The show is still airing so who knows if the quality will continue or go down hill. I do highly recommend giving this show a try!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: