House of Cards

12:20:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Heard good things about this show so I gave it a try and now I am hooked! It is an adaptation of the UK show of the same name that was aired in the 90s which I haven't seen yet, but I might after this US version. The interesting thing about this show is that its presented by Netflix which I didn't know was doing shows. I like that there are no commercial breaks and each episode is about 50 minutes long. The flow of the show is really nice because of it. Normally I stay away from politics and political stories just don't interest me at all. This show however has some amazing characters so it has made it entertaining.

The story is about a politician, the Majority Whip, Frank Underwood and his goal to climb up the ladder along with is wife Claire. He is essentially a villain since he's very manipulative and gets what he wants. Even though he likes using people I can't really hate this guy. His wife is just as brutal and I really like her as well. Both do have some moments of weakness, but they eventually get back up and overcome things like a boss. Think the real appeal of this show to me is that its not violent at all unlike my other favorite shows.

Really like how Frank breaks the fourth wall and talks to the viewers. The show basically is Frank showing us viewers how amazing power is. He stomps on the rich corporation people, the press, and his fellow congressmen. He knows how to get people to submit to him and give him what he wants. The great thing about it is that some of these people aren't entirely aware that they are being used.

I highly recommend this show! Its quite thrilling and all the scheming is is wonderful to watch.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: