David's Tea 12 Sachet Box

3:24:00 PM cc 0 Comments

This is the first time trying David's Tea so I wanted to get a box of a variety of tea. I didn't want to get their starter set since it came with a spoon which I didn't want. The 12 set has six different teas in sachet bags rather than loose leaf which makes it easier for me.

Since I never had these kind of interesting flavors for tea, I tried the Forever Nuts one first. The scent is like pie! Its definitely odd for me as I drink it, but I don't hate it. Its a blend of apple, almond, cinnamon, beetroot, and artificial flavoring. Coco Chai Rooisbos is a spiced tea. I'm not a fan of spiced teas but this one isn't too bad. The spices seem to lessen the medicinal taste of rooibos and overall has a smooth taste. Its spiced with coconut, cinnamon, ginger root, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns, and natural and artificial flavoring. Chocolate Rocket is a yerba mate blend with cocoa nibs, almonds, roasted chicory root, raspberries, natural and artificial flavoring. This is a pretty tasty tea with honey and a dash of milk. It has a sweet fragrance of berry flavored chocolate. The organic Silk Dragon Jasmine green tea is chinese green tea from Jianxi Province with naturally scented jasmine flowers. The tea is tasty but I prefer the jasmine tea I tried from Harney and Sons. The David's Organic Breakfast tea is a  blend of organic black teas from India (Darjeeling), China (Yunnan), and Sri Lanka (Ceylon). Its delicious! Though I find most black teas taste the same to me so I'm not a good judge. And lastly the Long Life Oolong which is organic Shui Xian oolong tea with peach, apricot, almond, orange peel, safflower petals, and natural and artificial flavors. It smells really good and sweet like candy. It has a candy peach scent to me. Its a light tea and quite bitter by itself. Adding honey is quite good too. Its a nice tea to drink while working or something.

Got some samples of their holiday blends as well. The White Chocolate Frost is a sweet herbal tea. Its a blend of peppermint, white chocolate, pink peppercorn, stevia leaf, natural sugar flavoring, natural and artificial white chocolate mousse flavoring. To me it tasted like green tea with a little chocolate to sweeten it. Its odd. Didn't try it with cream so perhaps it might taste better? Otherwise its not something I would buy. The Gingerbread sample has the most fragrant smell. Its actually quite strong but the tea itself is quite weak. Its a flavored rooibos tea with honeybush, cinnamon cassia, currants, ginger, pineapple, safflower petals, and natural and artificial gingerbread and molasses flavoring. I say its weak because I really didn't taste anything from this tea no matter how long I steeped it. Its very light taste, but the scent is strong so I guess it helps since scent is part of the taste experience. The last sample I got is Coffee Cake which is blend of black tea, pineapple, cherries, and flavoring. It is really fragrant of coffee and sweetness. The black tea is light so its not at all bitter like earl grey. I had the tea with just sugar and its tastes nice.

Overall, this is not a bad set and so far my impression of David's Tea is OK. I will like to try some more of their teas in the future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: