December Apps Review

3:01:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Adventure Town
This game you help this little town grow and protect from monsters. This app at lags a lot at first for me on my 4th gen iPod Touch, but its not bad after the tutorial part is over. You farm crops which you use to restock the town's stores. Stores will give you money and key items that you need to upgrade the stores, and for crafting. There's also a quest board to do townspeople tasks. You start off with two heroes that you hire to battle monsters and monster related quests. So far this game isn't that interesting for me to continue playing. Doesn't help that it lags. It does have a cute style, but another farm game is another farm game. Fighting the monsters part is not new to me since I've played Rune Factory before.

CalenMob
 Since the default calendar app on the iOS is not that good I decided to get this app. This app is a little better in terms of not automatically making all my events have alerts. It doesn't require to sign up for an account and you just need to sync it with Google Calendars and the iOS  calendar. Its a pretty simple app with the typical daily, weekly, monthly, and agenda views. The add event button in on the bottom right, and since I have the free app there is a banner ad to upgrade which I don't need. The color coding on this app is randomly assigned to each calendar account I linked. So my Google is red and my iOS is another shade of red. Since I have both these synced showing both accounts is silly since the app will show the same events twice but each in different color. Luckily it has the option to show or hide a calendar. I'd really like to color code birthdays and holidays and other events without having to make a whole new calendar. Oh well!

Hay Day
This is a farming game app and have to say there isn't anything about it that makes me want to keep playing it. Didn't like the art style and gameplay is bland.


Heyday
This is a private journal app that you can login with Facebook or sign up by email. Unlike other journal apps this needs access to your photo library on you device and locations to automatically generate entries. The header is a slideshow of your photos and you see all your photos organized by date and time. You can add notes, edit the images, tag people, and add location to entries. It is a private and safe app. I can see this being good for other who travel or like to do photo journals. This automatic entry system seems good for busy or lazy folks. But for me I like a more traditional journal so I didn't keep this.

Snapchat
Heard about this some years ago when the founders were a guest at The Colbert Report. Didn't think it be this popular and big! Basically is a photo and video social media that you can send to friends. When they tap to see it they only got a few seconds before it goes away and you can never see it again. Its not something I find appealing, but it seems to be a good way to waste time sending dumb things to friends. Its quite simple to use and requires sign up. You can just use your email and not use your phone number. There's only a friend search and no list of random people to add so its not a place to meet strangers unless you give out your username in a public place. It doesn't save any videos or photos to your device or use photos or videos in your device library. If you're like me who uses apps on a wifi only device using this offline is impossible. I tried taking videos and having them sit in the editing or processing part to save them for later when I get online, and all have failed to send. But it does give a retry option if I put my device's wifi off

Snoopy's Candy Town
Another one of those tycoon type business games but since its Peanuts I thought I'd give it a try. The style and animation is cute and done well. The map is a like sims with the street and have residential and commercial areas. You but machines that make candy, and have to use the delivery bikes to order ingredients. Its kind of tedious to have to order ingredients one at a time. Luckily the customers are patient. There's also tasks where you help out other Peanuts characters and even have them sell candy. So far its not too bad, but not sure if I'll continue to play.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: