Hinge vs Bumble

2:59:00 AM cc 0 Comments

 

 Both of these dating apps follow the same design, you get someone's profile and you can either be interested or uninterested. There will be a section where people who are interested in you are listed, and a section where people you get matched with will have chat options. I want to share my take on both of these apps!

 

 Hinge's profile requires 6 photos! They're prompts are a bit more interesting than Bumble's. People can respond to your prompts or they can just like your photo or prompts. My first day using it I got like 15 likes. Hinge will only show you the most recent person who liked you. You have to pay more to see everyone. I really enjoy responding to those who left a message to one of my prompts as it was much easier for me to strike up a conversation. Even to those I would normally not be interested in. I do not get alot of likes on this app so that's unfortunate. I wonder if less people use it? Also you can change your location whenever you want and doesn't use your gps. If you want the security of not giving your location to strangers try this app. 


 Bumble not only has dating, but all BFF, and Biz modes. You can make a profile in any one of them too. I made my profile for bff but have gotten 0 likes, but dating the first day I've gotten 200+ which is a lot more than I got on Hinge. What I don't like is that they don't show anyone who has liked you unless you pay. It does separate them into "New" and "nearby" which is interesting. Bumble uses gps so it will use your location and it will be listed on your profile even though there is a separate prompt to say where you live. From what I understand they will randomly put the people who liked you while you go through people's profiles. It will not tell you if the person has liked you. If you swipe that you're not interested it will say "you missed a potential match" which indicated that person has liked you. This won't happen to every person that liked you either. Sometimes the number on the Liked will just go down one after you swiped not interested. Obviously when you swiped you're interested and you've matched it will mean that person has swiped they're interested. This app has a weird rule that ladies has to be the one to message first when you've matched. Because of the lack of seeing who liked me and going through so many profiles, I have yet to match anyone outside of accidental ones. It is somewhat easy to accidentally trigger a swipe when you're scrolling through the profile. And you have to pay to undo it! The paywall on this app is very annoying and the prices they're charging are insane to me. Sometimes I'd be swiping 30+ profiles and the number of my Liked would not go down. Everyday there be new Likes too. Even though the app is not all helpful in getting me matches, there's just seem so many more people using it than Hinge that I'm still on it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: