BLAME! (2017 movie)

2:33:00 AM cc 0 Comments




 BLAME! is an adaptation of the manga of the same name. I was surprised and excited to see that it was getting  a movie since the manga is a bit old. Its a Netflix original so it will be streamed which is good for us international fans since we wouldn't have to waited months before getting a DVD to watch it. Despite the way its spelt, it is a sound effect like "BLAM" than the word "blame." Its a scific story on humans trying to survive on a expansive city that has kidn fo turned against them a very long time ago. A man name Killy has traveled thousands of levels from below looking for something. The movie focuses on the more action packed part of the story. Though it is been forever since I read it so I don't remember much. The manga is worth a read and it won't take long since there's rarely dialogue.

 The studio making this is called Polygon Pictures. They did Aijin and Sidonia which I haven't seen before so I didn't know the quality of their art and animations. I learned that Sidonia is from the same manga creator as BLAME! so I may check that out later. Didn't know he had other works. The studio does a decent job of capturing the BLAME world into modern graphics. They do use CGI models for the characters. I know people are rather anal about 3D modeled anime characters, but it didn't bother me in this movie. The only thing that was weird looking was a few character's hair, but that's it. CGI hair is defintely needs some work, but everything else had a more 2D look than 3D.

 The Japanese voice cast is also greats! There are some top actors on the cast as well. Sakurai Takahiro voices Killy, but since Killy hardly talks you will not be hearing much of him. While Killy is the main character, the villagers do get the most focus mostly because they talk more. From what I remember, Killy hardly meets other people but I can understand why they wanted the movie to be the way it is instead of Killy just walking around alone. It wouldn't be an enjoyable movie. I think this movie is a good teaser of the manga. If this movie made you at least interested in the world, I definitely recommend reading the manga! Overall, as a fan of the manga I enjoyed this movie and I hope people will pick up the BLAME! manga if they haven't read it already.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: