Birchbox - My First Box

7:49:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 I ran into a point where I was running out of skincare and simple makeup products. I didn't have the time nor the expenses to restock. That's is when I figure I should try out one of these beauty subscription boxes. I know this is kind of risky as I may not like anything that they gave me. These subscription boxes are basically advertising that you are willingly buying, and probably could get for free at like Sephora. But I suppose it is a good way to try out products since the beauty market is huge.

 I chose Birchbox since it seemed the products they give are much bigger in size. They charge $10 a month, but its more like $11 with tax for 5 samples. You have to buy their subscription to setup your preferences. For the majority of the questions, you can choose more than one answer which is nice. They ask about your skin (complexion, concerns, skin tone), your hair (color, description like straight, how you style it), and your makeup (knowledge, style from trendy to low maintenance). They will also ask you what type of products your prefer like nails and skincare. They also ask how often you like to be sent fragrances with two options: anytime or less than 6 a year. Another question is if you'd like to get single use foil packets as a free bonus as well as what kind of free non-beauty bonus items you would prefer like snacks. They will also ask you for your birthday, ethnicity, and income.

 The site has a points system which you don't earn with your subscription box. They are for when you purchase full size products on their site. They seem to always have a promo for a free gift when you first subscribe. Be sure to remember to input the code for it when you checkout. I'm not exactly sure how their perks work since they are rather confusing to me. I thought the sample choice was a perk if you bought $25 from the shop, but it gave me that option even without buying anything. It also allows you to choose their curated box instead of random samples from your preference. Another option they have with your box is buying Add Ons. These are full sized products and kits that you can buy to be included with your box. Not a huge selection but you should be able to find one or two that might be of interest to you. The real deal about the Add Ons is that the shipping will still be free with you Birchbox.



 I ordered my first box in the middle of the month and it arrived near the end of the month. It got shipped from Tennessee. The way its packed is a little funny. It came in a bubble padded envelope. The box itself is in a another box that is taped closed. I feel this is a bit excessive, but the free gift was included outside the box. I will have to see next month if it will be packed the same or not. So in my first box, I got 3 skincare samples, one hair care, and one mascara. So far, I am pleased that I got mostly skincare. I don't mind getting haircare, and while I did expect getting a makeup product I do wish I can opt out of it. Or at least be able to choose the type of makeup product I would rather get. I decided to give the mascara that came with my box away. The box itself could be useful, but it can be easily disposed of. I feel having a bag would make people feel compelled to keep it in case it may be useful later unlike boxes. Overall, I am somewhat satisfied with my first box and don't plan on canceling my subscription. If I do cancel, I will make a post about why I canceled. If I continue, I will also make a post on why I keep it so look forward to those! For now, I've made a post on my second box here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: