Azone Hetalia England 1/6 Scale Doll

8:46:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 I've been a fan of Hetalia for a while and the only merchandise I ever wanted were figmas of them. Well that never happened. So it surprised me when I saw that Azone, a company that makes female dolls, was doing a series of Hetalia dolls. I was pretty excited at the news and I didn't even care if they ended up looking bad because I will buy them anyways. I'm only getting England and America. These dolls run about 14,000 yen each which is a lot to me. They are 1/6 scale they will be a lot bigger than figmas which are 1/12 scale.


 So this England doll came with two outfits and the accessories with each outfit.  There are two pairs of boots, the knee high boots does have feet inside but you do not take the feet out. You do have to pull away at the joint to take off the boot from the doll. There is a set of bare feet so you can attach those. The feet are a bitch to put on. I don't try to force it in as much since I rather it slightly in than risk breaking them. The hands are also not the easiest things to change. Speaking of hands, there are 5 pairs of black gloved hands, and 6 pairs of bare hands. The clothes are rather nice. The shirts have a velcro fastening, but the rest have little hooks similar to the ones on bras. The one tie has a ribbon with a double ring that you loop through to fasten around the collar. You can take all the clothes off. And he is wearing white underwear which I find is cute that that is even a thing.


 This is my first Azone doll so I can't compare it with any other dolls. My only other poseable figure are my Free figmas. As I've expected from a company that makes female dolls, the body for England is quite girly. I do find it funny that the skin color of the body is different from the skin color of the head. The head doesn't have the warm hues that the body has. The torso does have quite a curved back. There aren't any ball joints or anything on the torso so you can't bend it. Compare to the figmas, there is very little ball joints. The arms are not only skinny, but I find them surprisingly moveable for the lack of ball joints they have. The legs look nice and are quite poseable though they don't do crossed legged sitting very well. He didn't come with a stand, but he can stand on his own surprisingly. Perhaps that's why the back like it is? As for the head, while it is huge compare to the hands and feet I do find the face accurately looks like England. The hair has doll hair and isn't a sculpted thing. The problem is that its much longer than it should be, and it makes me laugh because he looks like Armin from Shingeki no Kyojin instead. I'm not sure how Azone products works, but I know they sell their own hair scissors and hair wax products. I may risk it and try to get his hair the way it should be. I do like playing with his hair though which is not something I want to make a habit of since it will make the hair fall and its definitely not going to grow back.

 While this doll may not be perfect, I am happy with it. I look forward to buying America and hope Azone will continue to make male dolls and improve on them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: