Gyakuten Saiban: Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari! Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Anime

9:38:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 I was pretty excited when I heard that Ace Attorney was getting an anime. When the cast was announced, there were some people who weren't to happy hearing that Kaji Yuuki is voicing Phoenix. I personally thought it was an odd choice but don't think he would do a bad job.

So now that the anime is airing, I did watch it. While I did expect the bad animations, I didn't expect how funny it all ended up being. I usually skip the OP but I don't for this anime because it makes me laugh. This part that looks quite gay always gets me.

As for the show itself, it follows only the first two games I believe which is a shame since the third is my favorite. While it does well to follow the game it does change quite a few things in the story. It does keep the text box of the name of the location they are in and stuff. It also keeps other key points from the game like the poses and the music is similar but not as good. The anime does shorten the investigation parts incredibly into montages which is disappointing. Though I suppose that how they fit two games into one season.

While the show isn't anywhere as good as the games, it still entertains me in bad fanfic kind of way. Its changes to the story is kind of refreshing in a weird way. You may find it entertaining as I do, but generally I won't recommend watching this. If you are fan of the Ace Attorney games, the anime does have a special episode on Phoenix, Edgeworth, and Larry's friendship when they were kids. Its a really cute episode an much better than the rest of the season. Be sure to watch that at least!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: