Gladrags

11:11:00 PM cc 0 Comments


Before I had tried menstrual cups, but it was too messy and uncomfortable for me. I searched for reusable pads out of curiosity one day, and to my surprise they exist. Gladrags were one of the top sellers on Amazon so I decided to buy one pad to try out. One cost $10 which I find a bit pricey for one cotton thing. The listing shows a blue design to the pads, but the one I got had a flowery yellow design.

The pad is shaped like a diamond with a button snap. One side has washing instructions tag, and overlapping flaps where you put the inserts. The pad came in a box, and came with 2 pantyliner shaped inserts. The pad with two inserts in place has the same amount of thickness as a regular disposable pad. Having inserts to adjust to your flow is a neat idea.

When I first tried them on, it does look a bit bulky, but it fit snug on the undies so it didn't move. Despite its bulky appearance, it is quite comfortable. I did wear it on my first day of my cycle, but it was a light flow so the second insert was untouched. The instructions says to presoak your pads in cold water after you're done with them to discourage staining, but it really didn't do anything for the staining. I even rinsed and tried using detergent, soap, and hydrogen peroxide to clean the stains before putting them in the wash but it didn't help. After washing them in the washing machine it didn't change much which is unfortunate. However they stains did eventually fade away after a number of uses. They did bunch up in the wash so I just fix the shape and hang dry them instead of putting them in the dryer. The fleece material does wear down a bit after only a couple months of use.

The pad is about 6.5" long which a ok length. The one thing I don't like is the ends can tend to fold over after using the restroom. This makes since since there's nothing to really make it stick against the underwear so I just have to make sure they don't fold.

I have yet to try wearing these on my heavy days, but will update this post when I do. I mostly wear this during as a pantyliner. They are comfortable and does feel much drier than using a disposable pad which I really like. Overall, I do like this and have wished I had another quite often so I do plan on buying more cotton pads though I will try other brands. I definitely recommend these over the menstrual cups.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: