The Judge

11:55:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Maybe its all the Phoenix Wright I've been playing, but I wanted to watch a movie on lawyers and the court. The Judge was the latest one I remember due to that I follow RDJ twitter and he was promoting it. He plays the lead role as Henry (Hank) Palmer, a successful defense lawyer who has a reputation for using tricks to get his clients not guilty, and is generally quite unpleasant person.

This movie is really just a father and son relationship story. Due to an emergency, Henry has to return to his middle of nowhere hometown. Henry's father is the town's judge and has respect for the law and honesty. Henry and his father do not get along. For the most part of the movie Henry really disliked being back in his hometown. He couldn't wait to leave, but an incident happened with his father that Henry couldn't leave alone. His father gets accused for murder and Henry does his best to defend him.

The movie tells you more about Henry with showing his childhood, him meeting with an old girlfriend, and his relationship with his family. Robert Downey Jr does a good job acting this role, though I do see a bit more of himself than the character, but that may just be me. Also to my surprise, the prosecutor in the movie is the same actor, Billy Bob Thornton, as the hitman in Fargo!

Anyways, the movie overall was just OK to me. Its a good background noise movie. I feel its a bit fast paced, but that's a normal thing for movies nowadays to feel fast paced.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: