Summer 2014 Anime

2:36:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Since the season is over I wanted to saw a few things about the anime I watched, and some animes I've dropped.

Love Stage!! is an adaptation of the comedy BL manga that's gotten quite popular. I've actually read it and find it to be pretty funny. Finding out that it was getting anime was kind of a surprise, but also not so surprising. Interestingly enough the mangaka's brother is a singer and actor name DAIGO who amazingly enough is voice the part of a character he's actually based on. The seiyuus from Free! are also in this anime which is a funny coincidence. The anime follows almost exactly like the manga. The adult scenes are heavily censored, but the way they did it was a bit silly. Some of the humor scenes didn't really play out as funny as it was for me when I read the manga, but some did pretty well. There's also some original scenes that weren't too bad as well. Overall I did enjoy it for was it is.

Barakamon is quite a cute anime. I only got into because I saw a pretty funny gif. This is a SOL story of Japanese calligrapher, Handa Seishu (sensei), who was sent to a small island after punching a famous calligrapher. Sensei is quite an introvert and a workaholic. He didn't win in a competition so he's pretty upset about it. The village people and children have come to bother him quite a bit, and his whole experience with them is quite hilarious and heartwarming. These kind of animes I like the most since its very comfortable to watch.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is probably one of the best anime in the summer season. Its adapted from a 4koma manga, and its hilarious. Its a high school setting and you follow Sakura who goes to confess her feelings to Nozaki who misunderstood her as a fan and gave her his autograph. Thus Sakura enters Nozaki's life as his assistant in his shoujo manga that he creates. The characters are very unique and charming. All of them help with Nozaki's work in their own way whether its to help with the drawing, or as inspiration for characters. Unlike Barakamon, this SOL is best for its comedy and silliness. Highly recommend it!

Free! Eternal Summer  is the second season of Free! which I was actually make a separate post about. This series maybe a hit or miss for some people.

Now onto the animes that I've dropped. I was curious about the new Sailor Moon and Dramatical Murder anime, but both had issues with animation quality so I've dropped them quite early. Also heard Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah.Zero were good, but I had a hard time really getting into the story so I've dropped them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: