Shiseido Ibuki

1:05:00 PM cc 0 Comments

I received the $25 starter kit as a gift of Shiseido's new line Ibuki. It contains the gentle cleanser, softener, and refining moisturizer. Each in 30mL packaging which is a little under half the amount of the full size products so this starter kit is a super deal.

This line is focused on strengthening your cells to produce natural moisture so it can build resistance to problems caused everyday stress, hormonal flucations, and environment. It says it will fight visible pores, breakouts, roughness, UV rays, and dryness. I'm not a huge on Shiseido products since I have tried them before, and they don't really do much of anything for me. But this Ibuki line actually does something. My face has gotten a bit brighter and my complexion improved just alittle. However it seems to make the blackheads and pores on my nose area to worsen. Before I used coconut oil which had sometimes kept them at the most minimal I could get them to be. Since using Ibuki it has made my pores more visible even when I put on coconut oil as well.

The gentle cleanser is pretty nice. Its creamy and it lathers well and a little goes as long way. It makes me feel clean and doesn't dry my skin out afterwards. The products has a very mild scent which I barely even notice after the first time I used them. The cleanser has a nice citrus smell. The softener is like watered down gel. It goes on the skin nice and absorbs quickly. Its quite hydrating. The smell is a little perfume-y but more like a older person smell. The moisturizer has the least scent to it. I can't really describe it other than lotion-esque. The line is hydrating and moisturizing. Didn't see any improvements on my pores, it definitely didn't stop my acne though it does help it a little, but it did make my skin look a little brighter.

Overall, the starter kit is worth a try. Would I purchase the full size of these products? Maybe but at the moment no. The starter kit can be found at department stores like Macy's, Nordstrom, and Sephora has it as well.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: