Using Coconut Oil as Skincare

10:45:00 AM cc 0 Comments

Seen lots of benefits of coconut oil so I figure I should try it. Usually I see coconut oil in jars and they're honey colored and not clear, but I bought coconut oil from Whole Foods that is clear as water. Its called Nature's Way Liquid Coconut Premium Oil it comes in a 10 fl oz toner like bottle. The bottle is sturdy plastic and you need to squeeze it to dispense the oil. The bottle isn't very flexible so it makes it hard to get a controlled amount of oil out.

It says its great for cooking but it does say its good for hair and skin as well. Its 100% expeller pressed coconut oil. Its from premium non-GMO coconuts. Its non-hydrogenated, no trans fat, hexane-free, and no solvents used. It says its 93% MCTs which stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides a type fat that is low in calories, easy to digest, boosts your immune system and metabolism, suppresses appetite, etc. Coconut oil been recommended quite a lot to help with dry skin especially during the winter its like a life saver. With oil its a lot lighter on the skin than body cream and also easier to spread. Plus its not cold unlike body lotion, butter or cream. Other than dry skin coconut can help with eczema, acne, bug bites, burns, cuts and scrapes since it has anti bacterial properties. Its also can be used as a natural deodorant, makeup remover, and bug repellant. There's so many benefits to coconut oil! This product is also made in the Philippines the number one country of coconut production.

So I decided to start using it to see how my skin reacts to it. It is winter so its the perfect time to start using it. My body gets quite dry during the winter so I applied it to be body. Also used the oil as a facial moisturizer. Nature's Way's oil has a light coconut scent which is good since I don't like coconut that much. I don't have to worry about smelling like a giant coconut. Also the oil goes on quite lightly and absorbs quickly. It doesn't feel oily at all not even on my face though you can still feel it so its not invisible.. It does make the face feel slicker depending on how much you put on so be careful. The first night I used coconut oil the results were quite noticeable in the morning. I didn't break out at all or even feel oily. My body doesn't feel as dry and even my stubborn dry elbow has softened. I was quite impressed! Its better than any body moisturizer I've ever used. I've practically just used coconut oil alone. But soon my chin area got irritated which I didn't notice till I started peeling. Not exactly sure if the coconut oil was causing it or not. I did get a couple acne as well, but they weren't bad. Also it helped lessen the huge blackheads I have on my nose too. I did stop using coconut oil to let the acne and irritation heal. Once they got healed I used coconut oil again and it didn't irritate me as before. I did get acne on my chin, but I also was on my period. I did continue to get acne on my chin after my period which is odd though not that much. The acne did gradually lessen. My lower back and hip area did get itchy, but not sure why since it didn't get irritated. I did use it as a natural deodorant and it surprisingly worked well.

I will continue to use it and update this post as I continue to use it.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: