[BL] Castle Mango

10:52:00 PM cc 0 Comments

I've recently got into reading BL (boys love) manga so I wanted to write up my thoughts on the ones I've read. Just finished one that left a good impression on me so I'd highly recommend this!

First off I find the title is be quite silly and cute at the same time. At first at thought it be a cute story, but then when I read the summary that the main character lives at the love hotel, and the love interest is a AV director it totally turned my impression from thinking it be cute to it probably being lewd. But as I kept reading it actually turns out to be quite cute in some parts, and story is quite gripping. I couldn't stop reading.

The main character is a high school student Yorozu Shirosaki who has a mother and a little brother. They live in a love hotel that was inherited by his late father. His father cherished the hotel which also inspired Yorozu to love it as well. The retro themed rooms caught the attention of a AV crew, and scheduled a room to film. This is where Yorozu meets the director, Togame, who was not very friendly so Yorozu disliked him immediately. The AV crew returned to film at their hotel again and Yorozu finds Togame being friendly with his little brother. He finds this very concerning since he is told that Togame is gay. Already their relationship starts off quite badly, but the struggle with their feelings and other issues that arises makes me really feel for them. Especially for Yorozu. I actually almost teared up which never happens when I read manga of any genre.

What I like about this is that despite the love hotel and the AV it doesn't not come across as a lewd or erotic. Togame is an adult and he acknowledges that Yorozu is under 18 so he is an amazing man for not wanting to go further with Yorozu till he's legal. Also the art style is quite nice and even beautiful in some panels.

Overall, I highly recommend it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments: