LINE Play + LINE I Love Coffee + NAVER/LINE in general

11:00:00 PM cc 0 Comments

I've enjoyed Line Play and wanted to play I Love Coffee since it looks really cute. But I haven't been able to play it because it keeps telling me my device is not genuine. Excuse me? I bought my iPod with my hard earned money! What the hell is wrong with it?

I had a similar situation with Megu Pet, also a Japanese app game, that didn't allow jailbroken devices. It didn't say jailbroken, but people with jailbroken devices have said they're games weren't working. They have fixed that problem and I was able to return to playing the game.

Now, LINE Play has updated to ver 2.0 and well now I can't play it anymore because it now considers my device's environment a security threat. WHAT!? Ok, so it most likely detects that my iPod is jailbroken, but I'm not planning to cheat or anything! This rubs me the wrong way thinking that I could be a security threat. I do not like these blocks and restrictions. Sure, I understand that people can cheat but I don't know how to do that nor am I interested in cheating or hacking.

Luckily, there is a way to bypass this restriction. Found it by googling and there's a post on techgravy with simple instructions. I will have the instructions here as well:

1. Open Cydia. Go to Manage > Sources > tap on Edit > then tap Add > input http://cydia.hiraku.tw/
2. In Sources, find Hiraku and tap it. Find LINE No Detect and install it.
3. Once installed you should be able to play LINE games again

You Might Also Like

0 comments: