Garnier Skin Renew Anti Sun Damage Daily Moisture Lotion SPF 28

1:00:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Had to throw away expired sunscreen and saw that this lotion hadn't been used in awhile. There is no expiration date on the bottle, but since it hasn't been a year since I bought this it should be good to use.

The product is in a 2.5 fl oz pump bottle. The product has UVA and UVB protection with 3% avobenzone, 5% octisalate, and 7% octocrylene as active ingredients. The lotion is not sticky or gives a white cast on your skin. It goes on very thinly and dries really quick. It doesn't make me oily during the warm weather. After over a week of using this my skin did break out a bit. I should mention that my time of the month was at the same time so it could trigger the breakout, but I really didn't break out that much or at all the past couple months.

After using this for almost two months, I can't really say for sure if it helped prevent sun spots. With an SPF of 28 its goods for practically all year sun protection for me. Despite it being 99% oil free and non greasy I did get oily within a few hours. Also feel my skin is more susceptible to acne and blackheads. The blackheads on my nose has gotten a tad worse than before. My skin has gotten more rough as well.

I realized that this lotion has Alcohol Denat. so that explains why it doesn't feel very moisturizing. My other skincare also has alcohol so it most likely contributed to my oiliness and other skin troubles. So I will need to change my skincare routine to balance out the alcohol levels. But my skin continues to feel rough and my blackheads are getting worse. It could be because this product is a tad old. So I had to toss this product out since its not helping me. It was half empty too.

Overall, I don't think its worth it. Spend your money on a proper suncare and moisturizer products.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: