Trader Joe's frozen foods

6:53:00 PM cc 0 Comments

I really like Trader Joe's variety in meals in their frozen section so I want to make a post about the ones I've tried. I like that the ingredients list in these products are all natural and no scientific names include. Most of the food are on the bland side, but nothing salt and pepper can't fix!

Shepherd's Pie
Really good sized pie. Takes about 10 minutes to microwave. The mashed potatoes is nice and fluffy and the meat is tender and juicy. There's more potatoes than meat and gravy so it does make this pie taste bland. The potatoes don't even taste seasoned to me so I recommend adding salt and pepper if its too bland for you.


Buttered Chicken with Basmanti rice
 Despite the name its just indian curry dish. The curry has yogurt, tomatoes, and spices. It does have a nice butter flavor and the chicken is good. The rice is not seasoned at all and it was a tad watery after cooking it in the microwave. The curry sauce is not very thick either. For a curry dish its not that flavorful. It is an ok dish, but its the blandest curry I've ever had. Its packaged in a box with a microwavable tray. The curry and the rice separated.

Butternut Squash Risotto
 The sauce came in a separate pack from the rice so I used a stove top to cook it. It came out nice and creamy. It has a nice squash flavor which I think would be perfect to have in the fall. It came with frozen chunks of squash too. The ingredients list said there's apples but not sure if that's in the sauce or if there's chunks. It came in a bag with no dish.

Salmon on Orzo
This looked pretty good on the picture. The salmon is a good size, and the orzo has a thickish sauces consistency. Its pretty good, but like all the other foods it is pretty bland tasting so it needs salt and pepper. It came in a tv dinner box that you can open and microwave.

Linguine with Pesto and Tomatoes
Compare to the meals above, this one has some flavor. It is still a little bland, but its not as noticeable. I made this over the stove top and it was a good meal by itself. The tomatoes are cherry tomatoes, and the pesto was ok but its seems it doesn't have alot of oil since my pasta ended up a bit dry. It came in a bag with the pasta and the sauce frozen separately. No container is included.

Bibimbap Bowl
  This is a common korean rice bowl dish and thought I try it out since it looked good. Its a good introduction dish to Korean food. It comes with a microwavable bowl with the meal and microwave for 3 minutes. The sauce packet that comes with it is the hot chili sauce. This is hot sauce so don't pour the whole thing on the food. I only used half of the packet. It has a medium spice level. The rice bowl is bland without the sauce. It has a nice amount of vegetables compare to the other meals so I find this to be a good balanced meal. It filled me up and it was flavorful. I didn't expect it to be good but it is so I recommend it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: