Moleskine Weekly Soft Cover Planner

1:19:00 PM cc 0 Comments

In my college days I bought a few moleskine notebooks and sketchbooks since they were sold everywhere. I was really impressed with them then. I never used a planner until last year to track and record all my businesses. So I decided to check Moleskine and they have planners for sale. I remember when Moleskine just had notebooks and sketchbooks so it was interesting to look at their website now and see all the new products they have.

But I have read many comments and reviews of the poor quality Moleskine books have become. Some say they had changed their manufacturing to China, but others say that they've always manufactured in China. Upon receiving the planner I do see that it doesn't look as high quality as they use to be, but I do not have my old moleskine books anymore to compare. For the price I paid I expected it be alittle more impressive. Nonetheless this planner should be able to do the job well enough.

Moleskine books are more known for their little black leather book with a strap look. Most of their books have the strap and a ribbon for bookmarking. They come in various kinds of papers depending on use. I really like the sketchbook since their paper are much thicker but that means less pages. Which can be a bad thing since that means it won't last as long. The planner's paper are really thin that you can clearly see whats printed on the other side. This makes ink bleeding through a concerning issue. Although a simple cheap ballpoint pen is good enough. Since the paper is thin it does leave an imprint of your writing. Inside the back cover of most Moleskine books is an extendable pocket. The planner contained 3 sticker sheets for holidays, birthdays and such. The planner came with a little booklet with info the the Moleskine brand history. It also came with a little sticker with an identification number for quality control. This is important if there's defects with the product so I stuck it on the extendable pocket.

The first dozen or so pages or useful info that most planners have. There's a page for lost and found info, a page for important info such as car plate # and doctor's contact, a few pages listing for two years with each day in one line and labeled by week number with moon cycles, a couple pages with international holidays chart, a couple pages for the a mini calender for two years, a couple pages for traveling dates, a couple pages of a world map with timezones, a couple pages of a chart of flight durations, a couple pages of international dialing codes, a couple pages of measurements and conversions, and a page with ruler lines printed on the edge to measure. This is a weekly planner with the left pages are the dates and the right side is just lined for notes. This is not bad for a journal or a diary since it doesn't leave much room for much details for the day or week. This may not be appropriate for school or work related use. Because the whole week are just on one page instead of both pages it makes very little room to write business details of the day in the pocket sized planner I bought. It might be better if I got the bigger sized one or the daily planner instead.

Overall, this planner is nice and definitely one of the better looking planners out there.

And now after using it up for a year it has held up really well. If the page design is changed to having the whole week in two pages instead of just on one I'd repurchase the planner for the upcoming year. The pocket size is perfect for me. I barely used the stickers so I will keep them for 2014.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: