Clarisonic Mia

4:17:00 PM cc 0 Comments

I have read and heard many reviews on this product, and they all make it seem that its "amazing" so I will not be doing that. This is an honest review of the product. Posted this in 2012 and has been updated.

At first I did think that this product will change my skin and I was really hoping it helped with my pores and acne, but for the longest time it didn't. I had and used this Clarisonic for 3 years before I realized I was using it ineffectively. I was cleaning my face with it like you would clean dishes or your teeth which is in quick circular motions like in many how to videos. I cleaned my face in slow circular motions like I would with my hands which cleans my face well enough, but there is a better way. The best way I can think of to describe it is that its like shaving. You very slowly slide the Clarisonic along your face and let the brush and vibrations do the work. Before I would rub the brush in circles for a minute and I use it once a day. I don't do twice before because the brush was too stripping for my skin. But if you let the brush do the work, and not rub it its not stripping at all and it cleans far better. I can use the Clarisonic for 2-3 minutes and twice a day this way! But I don't do it everyday anymore since it has made my skin more sensitive than it already is so I've only use it a few times a week. Doing it this way is great for my sensitive skin, and it did better to make my skin smoother and my pores less visible.

I also thought at first that it was going to be like an electric toothbrush where it spins. The Clarisonic doesn't spin, its just a still brush that vibrates. It doesn't hurt at all or make the water go everywhere despite how strong it is. It does feel funny and odd on your nose area, but after the 5th time using it that feeling goes away. It does clean my face really clean than my face had ever felt. No tightening feeling or drying though it may depend on your cleanser.

Speaking of cleansers the Clarisonic can be used with any cleanser though I preferably like creamy and foamy cleanser the best. I like to put the cleanser into the brush and rub it in the bristles before placing it on my face. Though I don't think it really matters where you put your cleanser. I find that with the regular brush its a bit rough compare to the deep cleansing brush that my Mia came with. Even though the Mia does an excellent job of polishing my face I still use an facial scrub or exfoliator. The brush is not all painful to my acne, but it has popped them before and not entirely sure its a good thing or not. One thing I don't like about this product is how hard it is to use it on my nose area, and how it pushes the cleanser up my nose too. If you use a lathery or foamy cleanser, this will make it lather and bubbly quite a bit on your face! Also if you have dry or sensitive skin its best to use a cleanser with oils so it won't be so stripping on your skin when you use this.

I am not sure if using it will make your skincare products work better, since I really don't see a difference. Its really good for cleanings your face and smoothing out bumps and rough areas, but don't expect it to dramatically do any changes to your skin. Overall I highly recommend this product because it really is worth the money. As I mention before I've had it for nearly 3 years now and it still works great. The clean and polished feeling of your skin after using this is amazing. I am an cheapo and have kept the same brush head for a year, and it still kept my face clean. Not really something I recommend since its not as good as a new brush, but not by too much. The brush didn't fray much nor shed after a year. I wear makeup twice a week and I thoroughly clean the brush after every use. Don't think it made me breakout.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: