MUJI

11:28:00 PM cc 0 Comments


 Muji is a Japanese store that has been opening up stores in the US. They sell a wide variety of items from clothes, skincare, notebooks, stationary, home items like towels, essentials oils and diffusers and just all sorts of stuff. They also have an online store, but I have only bought things from them in store. They main selling point is providing products with no name branding label on them.

 First time I went in I wanted to get their notebooks and canvas bags. They are just plain with no words or decorations on them which is what I wanted because I wanted to decorate them myself. I've been to two Muji stores not each did carry different things. The pocket notebook and small canvas bag I got was not in the second store I went to. I do recommend these items especially the notebooks. The notebook I got is the pocket 144 pages plain paper one. The paper is thin enough that you can see the writing on the other side, but I don't mind it so its not a problem. It was about $2.50 for it.

 The second time I went into a different store and they had more home products and skincare. This time I got something different which is a body milk which is just body lotion and a plastic drawer. The body milk I got is for sensitive skin. It smells a bit like Elmers glue from the bottle, but it really doesn't smell like anything when you apply it. I am liking it and is helping my dry skin during this winter season. The bottle is priced at $12 which is much more than the price printed on the bottle for 800 yen which is about $8 for a 200mL bottle. It is ashame they had to mark the price up this much.

 I went into the store to get their acrylic cases but then I saw these PP storage cases. I got one large storage drawer that's 34x44.5x24cm. I'm not sure if the online store shows them all, but the store had a variety of sizes and lengths. They are all stackable too. Before I made a post about the Like-It drawers, but I may have to switch to getting these since Muji is actually a more convenient to get to than The Container Store for me. Like the Body lotion, this drawer has a mark up from the yen price. The yen price is 1200 yen which is about $12, but in the US this drawer cost $19.50. These drawers are not as thick as the Like-It drawers, and there is a slightly larger gap between the drawer and the case. The handle is just a indent on the bottom, but I like that its all clear and I can see inside from all sides. The front has a more frosted look than the rest of the drawer. So far these are working just as well as the Like-It drawers. Since they aren't as thick as Like-It I wouldn't try putting anything too heavy in them. In time I may make an update post to see how well they hold up.

 Overall, the products from Muji are pretty good. They may not be the cheapest, but they will do the job. Definitely recommend checking them out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: