EH Chocolatier Holiday Bonbon Collection

12:24:00 AM cc 0 Comments

I've been wanting some gourmet chocolates from chocolatiers so I decided to order a small box for my birthday. I've heard about EH Chocolatier in a article during Valentine's and saw it won best in Boston so I figured they should be pretty good. They do online orders which is good though its 3 day shipping only which is about $9. I decided to get the Holiday bonbons since its seasonal. It contains 6 different chocolate bonbon.


Spiked Eggnog is a buttery ganache with nutmeg and rum. I'm not a fan of Eggnog but this is pretty good, and has a very holiday appropriate taste with the nutmeg. The rum is very light which I like. 

Blondie is roasted white chocolate ganache whipped into mouse. This has a pretty smooth white chocolate and caramel flavor. Has a good amount of sweetness, and it definitely is soft. I'm not a big fan of white chocolate so its not something I would want more of.

Palet D'Or is dark chocolate ganache whipped into mousse and there's a tiny bit of gold leaf on the top. This has the bitterness of dark chocolate but its really smooth without any sweetness. Great for people who love dark chocolate. I never had gold leaf before but its just tasteless decor it seems?

Ceylon Cinnamon are nut shaped dark ganache with cinnamon from Sri Lanka. Its coated with cocoa powder so its gets on your fingers. The spicy raw like cinnamon is quite strong! I don't think I ever had spiced food to be this strong before so it must be fresh? The collection came with two pieces. The powder is bitter, but the ganache inside is mildly sweet that it balances out the bitter powder. The spiciness does linger a bit after you eat them.

Chocolate Chew is a all chocolate bonbon with a fluffly filling. This is very much like a 3 Musketeers bar in terms of texture. One of the sweetest bonbon in the collection. I really like it!

And last is the Pomegranate bonbon with pate de fruit of pomegranate with dark chocolate ganache infused with citrus oolong tea. The description sounds amazing and it is pretty good. The filling is like sweet fruit jelly that you would put on toast. The jelly is coated with a tiny layer of dark chocolate. The jelly has the strongest flavor so the chocolate flavor is quite secondary.

So far, the collection has some hits and miss with me but overall its not bad! I really liked the last two I had, the Chocolate Chew and the Pomegranate bonbons. I'd definitely buy from them again!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: