Candy Crush

3:23:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Heard about this game in a lot of places this year so I figure I should see what the hype is about. I have played Bejeweled and games like it before but they're not my type of games. Though I do keep them around to kill time in waiting rooms and during bus rides. Candy Crush has a story mode to it and has a paper puppet style to it of a little girl who loves candy and she travels through this candy game board world.

The game reminds me of candyland. You don't need to sign up for an account, but does have Facebook connectability. You go through different areas each having a certain amount of levels to play. Its relatively easy at first, but then there are levels that you get stuck on. Biggest enemy is the limit amount of moves. Most of the levels are clearing jelly that are fixated on certain spots. Clearing candies that are in the jellies will clear it. Then there are timed levels where you must get a certain amount of points, and levels where you must bring down special pieces that are ingredients which are onions and cherries. There is a limited amount of hearts/lives which regenerate at certain amount of time. You lose one for retrying a level after failing.

I haven't gotten very far into the game, but I did find it pretty bland at first. I kept playing it out of boredom, and once I hit a level I got stuck it it starts to take up my time. I have finally beaten level 33 which was quite a difficult level. Also was able to finish the first 3 episodes, and now there's a plane piece that I have to get a ticket to proceed to episode 4. This is lame! In order to proceed I either have to ask for help from friends, pay $0.99, or complete quests. Going to try the quests which are just repeats of previous levels. Have to complete 3 of them, and I can only do one a day. WHAT!? This might actually make me stop playing this game. Its asking too much at this point.

Its not a difficult game and its quite casual so its a bit addicting. Not really sure if it lives up to the hype. I may be missing something. Definitely am not liking how you have to do annoying things to proceed to the next episode.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: