The Shape of Water (2017)

12:20:00 AM cc 0 Comments


 The Shape of Water is a Guillermo del Toro movie about a mute cleaning woman and a humanoid sea creature falling in love with each other. This story premise and the trailer didn't make me interested in watching this since I've good a lot of good things about it I thought I should give it a shot. And i'm glad I did because this movie was really enjoyable that the weird bestiality thing wasn't a bother to me. Its a charming movie so I highly recommend it! There is nudity, sexual scenes, and violence in this movie so its not family friendly!

 Story sets in the 1960s America, and the mute woman is named Elisa who works at a government laboratory as a cleaning lady. The way the movie lets the audience know what Elisa is saying through sign language is either with subtitles or through her friends. She's close friends with her artist neighbor Giles, and her coworker Zelda. Though half the movie she doesn't need to talk as the creature also doesn't talk as well. The characters in this movie I find to be likeable and I got quickly attached to them. The pacing of the story is great as well. Its not a perfect movie, but its hard for me to find faults with it. Its probably my most enjoyable movie I've seen that came out in 2017!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: