Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment Wash

6:23:00 PM cc 1 Comments



 Saw this Humane Acne Wash and wanted to try it out. I mostly wanted to see if it helps with blackheads than my pimples. With 10% benzoyl peroxide, I was a bit scared that it may irritate my skin, but it didn't irritate too badly. The company has been really clear to let customers know of the side effects and other effects this may cause. They sent a detailed email on how to use the wash and a list of FAQs.

 The bottle is rather affordable at around $20 and the product itself is 8 fl oz which is a good size that should last some months. I do like that they use safe and animal free ingredients. First time trying it, I was surprised that it did not sting or hurt at first. I massaged the product on my face for a few minutes and it didn't burn. Its best to use warm water as hot water may irritate your skin. Since benzoyl peroxide can bleach fabrics, I follow the wash with a gentle cleanser like Simple Water Boost Micellar Water cleanser. This wash is gentle and can moisturize my skin. After that I use cold water to close my pores and cool off. The redness doesn't appear during the wash, but after rinsing off the redness appears. Luckily the irritated feeling was mild, and the redness goes away after about an hour. I do like using the Avene Thermal Spring Water facial spray as it is a product for soothing irritated skin. Also I use Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment in the day since it has SPF 30 and it turns into your skin color so its kind of like makeup. This helps soothe your skin and it reduces the appearance of redness. When I do breakout, I use Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Treatment.



 On the first week of using the wash, I did breakout a bit but it may be just that time of the month that I'm suppose to ovulate which I do breakout a bit normally. I didn't see any results or changes to my skin which I expected. I do use this stuff on my body as well, and my chest got really itchy around the end of the week.
 Since the second week is said in the instructions to be the worst so I did expect things to get irritated so I lessen the usage to once a day than two times a day. My face did get dry patches, and got irritated. Because I had to lessen the usage of the wash to let my skin heal, I didn't see improvement. Since it is fall and winter time, it has been difficult to keep my skin moisturized. My chin area is sensitive is it has gotten irritated and dry as hell. So my face has been itchy and flaky.

 So for the 3rd week to the one month point that area has been red, irritated, and flaky most of the time. Since I do use the wash in the shower there have been times that my neck also got irritated and itchy. So I have to wipe the medication off instead of having the water run it down from my face to my neck. Been using facial oils, moisturizer, and anti-itching cream to combat all this. Another thing that happened was a lot more big blackheads was surfacing especially on my chest area. It feels rough there and I can even scratch a blackhead off with my nail which I know is a bad thing to do. I just hope this means that blackheads are coming out and not getting worse. My chin area has been getting quite a lot of breakouts but they were smaller than usual so they healed up rather quickly. Hopefully the second month things will be easier. I have learned to not have the wash on my skin for too long. If it start to feel like its burning I need to get it off.

 Afterwards, I really didn't keep a consistent schedule on using this since it is winter, I had a hard time trying to get use to it with the dry winter weather so I had to some days between washes. I did still breakout and didn't see much improvement in my skin. It wasn't until about 3 months of using this wash that I start seeing some improvement. At that point I was able to use the wash every other day. I think using a facial oil and the Dr. Jart tiger grass treatment helped with the irritation issue. While my acne is still popping up, it is less than before. I mostly get it on my chin, and lately it is looking better than it has in years. My chin is also the most sensitive prone too so for awhile that area has been really patchy since I did concentrate on treating that area the most. But now only a small part of my chin continues to be patchy though its only noticeable with makeup on. My nose seem to be doing slightly better. Since my nose isn't sensitive, I may start trying to wash it more often and longer than the rest of my face with this wash.

  I will continue to update this post!!

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.acne treatment reviews

    ReplyDelete