Castella

4:48:00 PM cc 0 Comments

Castella is a popular Japanese style spongecake. I have recently found some and it is quit delicious! The first ones I've tried were from Japan and it market only had matcha and chocolate flavors. The matcha had a light matcha flavor and its sweetness is what really shone through more. The chocolate is pretty good as well and has a nice chocolate flavor that I don't find in many chocolate cake snacks that you can get on the go. Both were light and moist. Each pack came with 3 square slices and cost about $3.60. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of them.

Last weekend I went to a Japanese market and found more castella products. I got the cheaper ones that was labeled "castilla" and they were made in China. The company's name is Imuraya so it is a Japanese company. They came in a nice package with 10 pieces. They came in original and green tea flavor. These are as good as the first ones I've had. They were about $6 each. They make such great snacks and are the perfect size for me. If you ever find these I do recommend trying them out!

Imuraya Castilla Original - http://amzn.to/1xx4Of8
Imuraya Castilla Green Tea - http://amzn.to/1nKDQkf


You Might Also Like

0 comments: