Silo series
I heard this show was good so I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did. The first episode hooked me! It has an amazing cast and I find the setting to be intriguing. There's a mystery but the main question you'd be asking is "Why?" but not in a bad way but a good way. I think its best to go into this as blind as possible. This series is based on a book serious which I learned recently the author is one of the show's producers! The book was written over 10 years ago so I feel they might've adjusted the story to fit present day more. Currently there's 3 seasons with season 4 on the way. I feel this is a good time to catch up as I feel season 3 ended in a good spot.
This show has by far my favorite female lead character yet. She's an engineer which is good character skill to have her be good at solving problems. But the other characters are also great. They're well written and have character growth and even redemption arcs. Its incredibly satisfying.
I do find the story to be a bit predictable but it doesn't make it at all boring or dumb it down. Maybe Game of Thrones changed the way I expect from shows these days, but thankfully this show doesn't do any horrifying shock twists. It also solves the mysteries it sets and has decent pacing. There are some things they do drag out a bit throughout the season but since each season is 10 episodes, its not a super long drag out and doesn't carry over to the next season.
Overall, I highly recommend the show!

0 comments: